Tuesday 18 June 2019

The urban Kestrels

This morning I had to collect a parcel from my local Royal Mail depot - there is an old building next to it where I've known Kestrels have nested in for years but until today I've not known exactly where in the building
 
One of the juveniles was calling so I was able to pinpoint where they were and looking at the amount of poop around the bottom of the round window this is definitely their nest
 





 
I counted three juveniles but there could have been a fourth - I was really hoping they would all line up for me but that was just wishful thinking and rain stopped me from watching them for longer
 
They look quite close to fledging but I'm hoping they'll still be there for next couple of days so I can get some better pics

No comments:

Post a Comment