Wednesday 2 June 2021

I'm still around.....

I am still around, just have not been as active as I usually am ......

Everything is ok but after a number of invasive medical tests since March, I've been diagnosed with a condition called Hydronephrosis. It basically means a kidney blockage. In some people that might be a kidney stone, scar tissue or even the dreaded big C, but in my case I have a sac hanging off my ureter and right kidney which needs some more investigating. I've got a couple more procedures to get through, then hopefully my consultant will decide on the best treatment. 

However it has meant I have not been out and about as much as I would have liked. Today was my first complete day with no medication, pain killers or antibiotics for nearly two weeks, and so I ventured out not too far from my Lockdown Loftroom to the nearby church where many of my relatives are laid to rest, St Marys in Harefield. 

It was so lovely to be out and about with my camera, even if it was only for a couple of hours. 

I saw plenty of my favourite critter, the dinosaur like Dock Bug .... 


They weren't the only ones feeling frisky in the warm temperatures, these Soldier Beetles below were also busy making the next generation ... 



As many of you know, butterflies are my real passion but I only spotted three species today. Could this be because of the cold April and wet May that we've had this year ? When I next do my UKBMS Butterfly Transect at Cranford Park, I will compare the figures to previous years. 

Today I saw a very fresh Peacock ... 


a rather battered Peacock .... 


and a couple of very new Small Heaths ...


including the one below that seemed just as interested in me as I was in him/her ...


but it was the delicate, small Brown Argus that really made my afternoon. At least four of these little beauties in the long grasses by St Marys churchyard ....






One of their predators is this well disguised Crab Spider hiding in a buttercup flower. They have the ability to slightly change their colour allowing them to merge more in to the background ...


I havent seen any dragonflies this season yet, but I did spot this Common Blue damselfly ...


and every nettle patch had at least one 7-spot Ladybird ... 


Early last month, I was lucky enough to watch some fox cubs playing in the field behind my Mums house. I only managed to grab a few photos at the time, and sadly I havent seen them since ....

 



Whilst I was confided to the Lockdown Loftroom I made these little Fairy houses from log slices, clay, moss, pebbles, grit, various containers like pill bottles, herb pots and even an empty KFC gravy container. Very theraputic and a lot of fun ...





I'm planning on making some more of these, my project for rainy days, but it was really nice to be out and about this afternoon enjoying the warm weather and the feel of my old faithful camera in my hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment