Tuesday 6 May 2014

It was all about the juveniles in Mums garden today

I didn't really have much time to bird watch in Mums garden today, we spent some time at the garden centre then I was busy doing some garden tidying, before we off again to the hospital for Mums radiotherapy session.
 
Mrs Blackbird was fairly active today. She left the nest a few times to get food and to even fit in a quick wash in Mums stream. This enabled me to have a very quick peek in her nest. We now have three eggs.
 
It was nice to see my first juvenile Starlings of the year. They are quite comical at this stage. They wont feed themselves, but are happy to stand on food and yet still beg from the parents.
 


 
I also managed to grab a closer photo of one of the male House Sparrows.

 
I'm seriously thinking of taking my portable hide to Mums soon. I can set it up and leave it over night and let the birds get used to it, before using it the next day. I really want to get some photos of the birds using Mums stream to drink, bathe and play in.
 
Overhead I had both Buzzard and Red Kite today. Crap photos, but they show the different silhouettes of the birds.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment