Saturday 29 September 2018

Kingfisher overload at Cranford Park

When I was last at the park earlier this week there were two very active Kingfishers going up and down the River Crane - but I was distracted by the Ivy Bees so didn't linger to see where the birds were going
 
Today I had a bit more time on my hands so went back to try and get a photograph or two of these beauiful little birds
 
I started off at the Iron Bridge and walked down towards the M4 so the sun was behind me - but it wasnt until I got near to the Stone Bridge that I could both hear and see the birds
 
Definitely two birds I told myself and happily watched them from the Stone Bridge trying to second guess where they were going to land
 
There were certainly favouring the stretch of river between the bridge and the M4 viaduct - I know from previous experience that they often perch on a grate by the viaduct so made my way there and thats when I realised there werent just two Kingfishers but actually FOUR !
 
I've always suspected they nest along the river after the viaduct where the banks are much higher and the woods are much more secluded and it looks as if Im right as all four birds often flew through the viaduct before re-emerging calling to each other
 
None of my photos were very good today - it was incredibly hard trying to photograph the birds without moving and spooking them so lots of pictures were taken through swaying branches or from hiding behind a tree trunk
 
And excuse the complete overload
 


Spot the Kingfisher






 





 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment