Monday 20 January 2020

Blue and gold in Mums' back garden


Due to the usual 'winter lurgy' I haven't been out much with the camera recently. I did plan on going to Maple Lodge NR this morning but the hourly coach didn't turn up. So I spent a few hours in my Mums' back garden. 

The daphne has been looking really colourful for a few weeks now, and the Blue Tits favour this shrub to perch in before going to the nearby bird feeders. I really wanted a nice colourful photo of a Blue Tit amongst the pink of the daphne but it was harder work than I thought it would be.....













There has been a tiny Goldcrest visiting the garden for several days. Although they are primarily insect feeders, it does seem to be attracted to the spilt food from the bird feeders and constantly pecks around the same area around the pots. Surprisingly this individual is quite approachable, so long as you don't move too quickly. Hopefully I'll get some better shots soon....











The back garden does seem to attract a really nice wide range of birds, so hopefully there will be plenty to 'tick' for the Big Garden Birdwatch 2020 which falls on the dates 25th to 27th January. So far in the last couple of weeks we have seen a Sparrowhawk, Reed Bunting, Stock Doves, Collared Doves, Long-tailed Tits, Goldfinches and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment