Saturday 9 May 2020

A short wander today

I went out for just a short walk today. I don't know about anyone else but my energy levels seem to have dropped quite a lot over the last couple of days. I really need to keep motivated and active. 

After seeing my first Dock Bug of the year a couple of days ago, today there were Dock Bugs everywhere. 

Some were busy making a new generation....


one was busy walking the edge of a leaf.....

  
and one was playing hide and seek.... 


I briefly saw a couple of Green Shield Bugs too....



I saw some more Scorpion Flies too, but for some reason they were all female ! I'm not sure why I'm not seeing any males. Maybe they are following government guidelines and staying home....


A loud 'mew' from above alerted me to a passing Common Buzzard. A little tatty but that's to be expected when you're busy looking for food for your youngsters and on the go all day long....


There were lots of butterflies on the wing today. I saw Red Admiral, Large White, Green-veined White, Small White, Holly Blue, Comma and Orange-tip....


Talking of Orange-tips, my two housemates in the lockdown loft are growing well. 

SF (so called because I initially thought it was a sawfly) is now 10mm long and becoming greener each day....


and the one I call 'Leaf' is now 6mm long and still looking a little translucent....


I picked some more garlic mustard for them today. Hopefully it will keep them going for a few days. 

I haven't seen the muntjac or fox in the back field recently, but whilst I've been waiting to spot them I got the below two photos last night. 

A singing Blackbird in the dusk....


and a glorious sun setting behind the trees...


The weather is set to turn chilly over the next couple of days. It'll be interesting to see how the critters deal with the fall in temperature. 

Keep well and stay safe everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment